Blackjack Double Down Complete Strategy
Why is Doubling Down one of the best Blackjack Strategy?
Also known as 21, Blackjack is one of the most recognizable games both in land-based and online casinos. The objective of the game is to have cards with a count higher than the dealer but should not go over 21. To get a natural, you need to get an ace and a ten or a face card in the first two cards. An ace is counted as one or 11. All face cards have a value of ten. The key to winning is knowing what to do with your cards, and one of the Blackjack Double Down Complete Strategy online. This is one of the most common bets you can make in the game. If you want to know more about what is double down in blackjack, keep on reading, and learn from the valuable insights we’ll be sharing in this short guide.
What is Double Down Strategy?
A double down blackjack is the chance to increase the value of your initial bet by as much as 100%. You will need to take one more card, and after this, you will stand. This is a vote of confidence in the cards that you have been initially dealt with. When you win, you will collect your winning, which is twice your initial bet.
To signal your intention of doubling down, the action is similar when you would like to split. If you are playing in a land-based casino, this is often signaled by pushing extra chips on the table. However, when you have a pair, which means that you can either double down or split, then you need to say that you want to double down to avoid any confusion.
When Should You Double Down?
In understanding blackjack what is double down, one of the first things you need to know is the exact point when you can do it. There is only one instance when you can double down – when the first two cards have been given by the dealer.
Below, we’ll list down some of the specific instances when doubling down is a smart move:
- Double down when your cards have a hard total of 11. There is a chance that you will receive a card with a value of 10, which will allow you to hit 21. Even if it isn’t 10, there is a high chance that your total will be close to 21.
- Double down when your cards have a hard total of 10. Like the situation above, there is a high possibility that your cards will have a total of 21 or at least close to that number. This is especially a good strategy if the cards of the dealer show a total of 4, 5, or 6.
- Double down when your cards have a hard total of 9. In case you do not know, hard refers to a situation wherein you do not have an ace in your deck of cards. This is a great strategy if the dealer has 5 or 6.
- Double down when you have a soft 16, 17, or 18. Soft means that you have an ace in one of your two cards. An ace can be counted either as one or 11. Double down if the dealer has a low card, which can be anywhere from 2 to 6.
Now that you know when it is a smart move to double down, we’ll also list below some of the instances wherein it is a dumb move. If it is pretty obvious that you are on the losing end, then it does not make any sense to increase your bet.
- Do not double down when the total of the two cards is higher than 11. There is a high chance of going bust. This means that there is a likelihood that the total of your cards will be over 21, and hence, you will lose.
- Do not double down if you are having doubts. If you are unsure about what to do, it is best to err on the side of caution and keep your bet as is.
- Do not double down when the card of the dealer has an ace. This puts the dealer at a strong position, and hence, your win can be compromised.
Average Profit of Doubling Down
To have a better understanding of double Blackjack Down Strategy Online and if you should do it, let’s look at the math. By knowing the average profit, you might have a compelling reason to do this bet.
If you do it in a mathematically correct way, you can bring the house edge to as low as 1.43%. The lower the house edge is, the higher is the advantage of the player over the casino, increasing the chances of winning.
It is more profitable to double on a hard 11 compared to a hard 10. Both will be more profitable compared to having a hard 9 or soft double hands. The biggest profit is achieved when the dealer has 5 or 6.
Let us say that you have a hard 11 and the dealer shows 2, you will earn $.24 for every $1 wagered. If you choose to double down, then your profit will be $.48, which is double than your win if you did not double down. On average, the profit is 47.6 cents for every dollar.
If there is one thing to remember about the profits of doubling down, it would be that as a general rule, the profit will be higher if you are Blackjack Double Down Strategy Online a hard hand compared to a soft hand. This means that your hand should not have an ace. Plus, the profit is higher if the dealer has a weak hand.
Where Can You Use Double Down Strategy?
Whether you are playing in a land-based or online casino, you can do a Blackjack Double Down Strategy Online. At the same time, you can do it in different types of blackjack. However, there are variations on how it can be done. It is crucial to be familiar with the rules of the casino. In some games, you are allowed to double down with any card total. However, there are also instances wherein you can double down only when your cards total to 10 to 11.
Knowing whats double down in Live blackjack is important to increase the chances of winning. This is a strategy if you want to increase your bet once the first two cards have been given by the dealer. Casino rules will dictate when this is allowed. For instance, some will allow this only when your card reaches a certain total.
If you want to try doubling down as a blackjack strategy, check out Digibet and start playing today!