Blackjack Rules – In Depth
Blackjack Rules all you need to know about it
Blackjack, also known as 21, is one of the most popular card games. Both in offline and offline casinos, it is the favorite of many gamblers. It is a casino-banked game. Meaning, players do not compete against each other. Instead, players are competing against the house. The goal of the game is simple – to be dealt with cards with values higher than the dealer and not more than 21. It might seem pretty straightforward but knowing the blackjack rules is important to increase the chances of winning.
When the game starts, two cards will be dealt each to the player and the dealer. The two cards of the players will be dealt up. On the other hand, one of the dealer’s cards, which is called the hole card, will be facing down. The goal is for the two cards of the player to have a value closer to 21 against the cards of the dealer. If the dealer goes over 21 and the player does not, the player wins.
Want to learn more about blackjack game rules? Read on and we’ll help you play the game like a pro!
So, what are Blackjack Rules?
Before you hit the table and try your luck, arm yourself with the right knowledge. Below are some of the most important rules to blackjack that you need to know.
Card Values / Scoring
When it comes to the rules of blackjack, one of the most important that you should know is the denomination of the cards. There will be a stack of 52 cards. Each card will be assigned a point, and the two cards will be summed to determine the winner. Cards two to ten will be calculated based on the face value. Kings, queens, and jacks, on the other hand, will be ten. An ace, meanwhile, can be one or eleven. The card suits will not have any meaning.
Rules for the Dealer
To have a full understanding of how the game works, you also need to know some of the most important blackjack dealer rules. If the total of the two cards is lower than 16, the dealer will pull another card. This will continue until the house hand is at least 17 or until the hand is busted by going over 21. If the dealer reaches 17 points without an ace, most rules of the game would indicate that the dealer will stand.
Blackjack Playing Options
Now that you know some of the basic rules of blackjack, let us quickly talk about some of the playing options. The play will begin on the left of the dealer. When it is your turn, here are your options:
- Hit: This means that you want the dealer to give you another card. In a physical blackjack game, this is often signaled by scratching your hand on the table. This can also be done by waving a hand as if asking someone to come to you. The dealer will then give you another card with a face-up.
- Stand: If you are happy with the total of your cards, then you will stand. This means that you will not take any further action. Waving a flat hand over the cards is the best way to show your intention to stand.
- Double Down: Under this playing option, you can double your initial bet in exchange for receiving one and only one drawcard. You just have to place your chips on the initial bet on the table if you would like to signal this intention.
- Split Pairs: If your two cards are alike, such as a pair of aces or 3s, you have the option to split them. As you do this, you will make another bet that is the same as your first bet. You will receive one more card facing up and you have to stand regardless of the total of the cards. This will allow you to create two potentially winning hands.
- Surrender: In some casinos, you will have the option to surrender. This will allow the player to immediately lose a hand by also forfeiting half of the wager. In some cases, this is allowed only when the dealer has checked the card and he or she is sure that there’s no blackjack.
Blackjack Strategies and Winning hand
The best cards to have the winning hand in blackjack is a ten and an ace, wherein ace is computed as an eleven and not one. The second best winning hand is a twenty, which means that you should have two cards with a value of ten each. If you get two tens, do not attempt for a blackjack split.
The house edge in blackjack can be as low as .5%, which will vary from one casino to another. This is one of the casino games with the lowest house advantage, which means that the odds of winning are high.
Aside from knowing the basic blackjack rules, it is also crucial that you know by heart some of the strategies briefly mentioned below. Doing these things will increase the chances of taking home big winnings.
Playing a Hard Hand
A hard hand refers to a hand that does not start with an ace or a hand wherein there is an ace, but it is counted as one and not eleven.
- Always hit when the cards are eight or less.
- Always stand when the cards are 17 to 21.
- If the total is nine, double down if the dealer’s cards are three to six. Otherwise, hit.
- If the total is ten, double down if the dealer’s cards are two to nine. Otherwise, hit.
- If the total is 11, double down if the dealer’s cards are two to ten. If the dealer has an ace, hit.
- If the total is 12, hit if the dealer has two or three. If it is four to six, stand.
- If the total is 13 to 16, stand if the dealer’s cards are from two to six. Otherwise, hit.
Playing a Soft Hand
The difference between a hard and soft hand in blackjack lies on one card – the ace. In a soft hand, the cards dealt have an ace that counts as one or eleven depending on what the player wants. The general strategy when you have a soft hand is to continue hitting until you reach a value of 18.
Knowing the fundamental blackjack rules is crucial for any player. Especially if you are a newbie, do not play without learning the basics. From hitting or standing to a hard or soft hand, equip yourself with proper knowledge of the game to win big.
Ready to play blackjack? Check out Digibet Casino today and enjoy am exciting online game!