Cricket Betting - Complete Guide
Want to start betting on Cricket? We got you covered
Played since the 16th-century in England, cricket is one of the oldest sports in the world. In a game of cricket, two teams compete, each with 11 players. They play in a circular field with a 22-yard-long pitch. The game is played through batting and bowling.
Cricket is a favorite among bettors. It is a strategic game and complex to play, but when it comes to cricket betting, it is pretty much straightforward.
If you are new to online betting cricket, we got you covered. Keep on reading and learn from the things we’ll share. We’ll talk about the strategies and tips that can help increase the chances of winning big.
How Does Cricket Betting Work?
Before you bet on cricket, be familiar with the different types of wagers that you can place. You should also know the different game formats where you can wager. Below are three of the most popular cricket formats.
- Test Cricket: This is the oldest form of the game, which is played over five days. In this game, either the teams can win, or the game can end up in a draw.
- One Day Cricket: Introduced in the 1970s, this is recognized by many as a revolutionized form of the game. It is a limited-overs cricket played in one day with 50 overs for every team.
- T20 Cricket: This is a new format that has been popular only since the 2000s. It is played in the afternoon or at night with 20 overs for each team.
Now that we talked about the game formats, below, we’ll list down some of the most common types of bets you can place.
Similar to other sports, the match outcome is the most popular bet in cricket. In the case of limited-overs matches, you have to choose from two outcomes depending on the team you think will win. In a test match, on the other hand, there is a third option, which is a draw.
This bet requires predicting the number of runs during the first innings. It is often in the form of over/under bet. The bookie will post several runs, and when you bet, you will have to decide whether the runs will be higher or lower than the specified value.
Man of the Match
As the name implies, this is a bet on the person who will shine at the end of the game. This can be the batter or the bowler. This requires knowledge of the performance of players so that you can accurately predict how they will do in a match.
Live or in-play betting is popular in cricket because of the format of the game, which can take at least four hours to play in some matches. In-play betting is exciting because it takes place during the game. You have to be more careful since you are prone to making decisions based on emotions and not logic.
How Do You Choose the Best Cricket Betting Website?
To get started in cricket betting online, the first thing that you need to do is to pick the right website. A quick online search will reveal a long list of options, but you should never decide in haste. To help you decide, below are the most important things to do:
- Read Reviews: Start by learning from the real-life experiences of other people. To do this, look for reviews about specific betting sites to help you narrow down the possibilities.
- Consider the Bonuses: To entice new members, a lot of betting websites are offering bonuses as part of their promotions. Look for attractive bonuses to make the most out of your membership.
- Know the Payment Methods: Pick a betting website that offers several options for deposits and withdrawals depending on what is most convenient for you. Credit and debit cards, e-wallets, and wire transfers are some of the most popular.
- Research the Fees: The fees charged by the platform can end up surprising you if you do not research thoroughly. Many websites will take a commission out of your bet, so make sure that you know how much to pay.
Best Cricket Betting Tips
Looking for cricket betting tips? We are here to help you out! Below are some of the best things to keep in mind.
Know the Odds
Learning about cricket betting odds is important to gauge the possibility of winning and how much you can win from your bet. Next to the name of the teams, you will see decimal numbers, like this example: Grenadine Divers 1.60 and Salt Pond Breakers 2.44. The odds with the “1” tab refer to how much you will win if the home team wins. The odds with the “2” tab, on the other hand, is what you will win if the away team wins.
Research the Playing Conditions
Cricket is one sport that is greatly affected by environmental conditions. With this, you should look at the weather forecast before placing your bets. This will help you to make better choices. For instance, during a Test match, if there is a high probability that it will rain, there is also a high likelihood that the game will end up with a draw.
Keep a Cricket Betting Spreadsheet
Learn from your winnings and mistakes. To do this, you should keep track of your bets using a well-formatted spreadsheet. This will let you learn from the past performances of the teams and give you better insights on where to wager next time. From the bet description to the odds, make it as detailed as possible to offer valuable insights.
How to Start Betting on Cricket
After evaluating online cricket betting sites and making a choice, now is the time to place your bets. Here’s how you can do this.
- Start by setting up an account. The process is almost the same in almost any website. You will need to verify your account after registration. After this, you can now log-in to your account.
- Choose a deposit method and fund your account.
- Once you have the money in your account, you can now start putting your bets. Consider the various wagers that you can place in every game to know where to bet.
- Watch the game and hope that you will win!
Cricket betting is exciting. At the same time, it can also be intimidating, especially if you are a newbie. From the wagers available to betting strategies, take note of the things mentioned above to increase the chances of winning!
With too many cricket betting sites available, Digibet is one worth considering.