NBA Betting Trends – In-Depth Guide
NBA Betting Trends – In-Depth Guide
If you are a fan of basketball and sports betting, then NBA betting is one thing that you need to try, in case you haven’t yet. You can bet based on certain outcomes, such as the team to win and the scores at the end of the game. However, take note that NBA betting is not as straightforward as it seems. To increase the chances of winning, you need to learn about NBA betting trends.
If you are clueless about the betting trends NBA, we’ll help you in this short guide.
What are NBA Betting Trends?
NBA betting trends refer to the volume of wagers placed on one team versus the other in a specific sportsbook. This is an evaluation of what the public thinks about a specific event. This is useful when it comes to handicapping sporting events, giving you an idea of where everyone is betting.
Aside from public opinion, betting trends can also refer to a pattern. This is based on previous games. You can learn a lot from past outcomes, which will help you predict future results. For instance, if Team A has been historically doing good, there is a high chance that this will continue, and hence, it will give you an idea of your wager.
Looking for NBA betting trends today? You can find them online. A lot of websites will publish these trends to help you decide where to wager.
What Should I Look for when Betting on NBA?
While the NBA trends for betting can help you come up with a well-informed strategy, they will not suffice. Below are other things that you need to know.
- Odds: One of the first things that you need to do is to look at the odds. This will give you an idea of who is the favorite and the underdog. More importantly, it will let you know the returns on your bet. By looking at the odds, you can identify how much will be the return that you can expect.
- Injuries: You should also research the injuries of the players in the past as they will have an impact on their in-game performance. You must stay updated, especially because many news about injuries are revealed very close to the game.
- Home Field Advantage: Like with other sports, there is a higher chance of winning when the team is playing at its home court compared to away. Aside from having no need to travel, players can also enjoy better support from their fans.
- Streaks: This can refer to both the winning and losing streak of the teams that will be going against each other. While it isn’t certain that it will influence future outcomes, this will have a huge effect on your betting decision.
- Schedules: When teams have to play consecutive games, they will be tired. In turn, this can be a disadvantage when they are on the court. By tracking the team’s schedules, you can make wiser betting decisions.
What are NBA Betting Trends You Can Trust?
Looking for the best NBA betting trends? Below are some of the most important things that you need to know.
Backing the Underdogs
When you look at the NBA odds, you can easily see who is the favorite and underdog in a specific match. For a lot of beginners, they would most probably choose the favorite. There is a reason why that team is favored to win – the public believes that they will demonstrate impressive performance. However, do not be afraid to bet on the underdog. One of the principles of betting is that the higher the risk, the higher the reward will be.
Consider the Rested Road Underdog
This NBA betting trend asserts that it is not enough that you simply pick the underdog. There is a higher chance of winning if the underdog is on the road and rested. A regular NBA season has 82 games. Teams will spend a lot of time on the road and playing one game after the other. If you have a dilemma on where to bet, wager on the rested road underdog. If the underdog has up to four days of rest compared to a favorite with just two days of rest, go for the underdog, even if the team is playing away.
Home Court Advantage
This is perhaps one of the most popular betting trends in NBA. It is no secret that any team does better when it is playing at home compared to playing away. With this, it is no longer surprising to see that NBA teams are at an advantage when they are playing in their home court. This means that there is no need to travel before playing a game. This also means that they are well-rested, and hence, they have more energy to stun their opponents once on the court. Not to mention, they can enjoy a stronger fan base.
With team trends, you need to look at the historical data of a specific team. Whether it has been winning or losing in the past games will dictate how they will perform in the next game. Their past performances can have an impact on the outcome of future events, although, this assumption is not fool-proof. Identify how the team has historically performed based on certain conditions, such as when playing home or away.
Lower Scoring in the Post-Season
This is an important NBA betting trend that you should know if the outcomes of your wager will be based on the scores, such as over-under or totals. In the post-season, the weakest teams have already been eliminated. The games are stepping-up. Both teams are showing better defenses, and hence, the outcome is that the scoring is often lower compared to the past games. Understanding this trend will help you yield a better return on your bets.
With the NBA sports betting tips and trends mentioned above, we hope that it is now easier for you to win! Before you wager, take note of the things discussed above to understand the games better and make the right decision.