NHL Betting Tips
NHL Betting Tips – In-Depth Guide
The National Hockey League (NHL) is the most popular ice hockey league in the world. The league is composed of 31 teams both from the United States and Canada. Along with the NBA, NFL, and MLB, the NHL is part of the four biggest sports leagues in the world. Because of its popularity, it is no longer surprising that a lot of people are hooked to betting in NHL.
Thinking of betting in hockey? Before you do so, learn a thing or two from the NHL betting tips we’ll talk about in this short guide.
What are NHL Betting tips?
Betting tips NHL exist to help you make well-informed ice hockey bets. These are recommendations and predictions to provide you with a solid basis when placing a wager. Meaning, you won’t have to rely on mere assumptions. They will be handy especially for beginners in hockey betting.
So, What are the Best NHL Betting Tips?
Looking for handy betting NHL tips? Below are some of the things that can help you win.
Know How to Read the Odds
Like with other sports, one of the best betting tips NHL is learning to read the odds. For novices, these might seem nothing but mere numbers. Truth is, these are important numbers because they will give you an idea of the return on your wager.
Let us take for example the odds below:
- Pittsburgh Penguins – 150
- Philadelphia Flyers +130
This means that the Penguins is the favorite, as shown by the minus sign. Meanwhile, the Flyers is the underdog as shown by the plus sign. If you bet on the Penguins, and they win, this means that your $150 would pay out $100. On the other hand, if you bet on the Flyers and they win, what this means is that you will get $130 from your $100 wager.
Know Your Bets
Aside from the odds, you should also know the different types of bets that you can place in an NHL game. The following are the most common:
- Moneyline: This is the most popular bet in NHL and other sports as well. All that you have to do is to wager on the hockey team you believe will win.
- Puck Line: It is the equivalent of a spread bet in NHL. You need to wager on a team to win based on a certain number.
- Totals: This NHL bet is all about predicting the total goals of the two teams. The bookie will provide a number, and you have to wager over or under depending on what you believe the score at the end of the game will be.
- Parlays: Under this kind of bet, you have to wager on several outcomes. For instance, you will bet on two or more teams to win for the night. To win in your bet, all your choices must win.
Explore Alternate Markets
While the things mentioned above are the most common types of bets that you can find in NHL, there are other possibilities. If you are looking for a way to win more, look at other markets. You need to diversify your bets. This means that you should not wager on just a single outcome. By diversifying, you are also spreading the risks, and hence, minimizing the impact of a loss.
This is perhaps the most important NHL betting tips, especially if you are a beginner. The thought of winning big can be exciting. Nonetheless, this does not mean that you should bet more than what you can. As a practice. Do not bet more than 2% of the money that you have. It will be good to start small and work your way up as you win more. You should be also careful with progressive betting as a way of making up for your losses.
What About Paying for Tips?
You will find a lot of NHL daily betting tips online. A lot of tipsters are offering paid services. They will charge a premium in exchange for tips, usually paid on a monthly basis. Should you pay for tips? We suggest that you don’t! You can find the same tips and predictions online for free. If you know where to look, you can find more valuable insights from discussion forums and social media. In many instances, you might even end up being scammed when paying for tips.
What are the Main Things to Look Out for While Betting on NHL
When talking about betting tips NHL hockey, one of the most important is to pay attention to several factors that will impact the outcome of the game. Below are the most important things to consider.
- Players: Each team will have six players on the ice – five skaters and one goaltender. Consider who will be the people playing and look at their records. Match their skills with their opponent, and it will be easier to decide where to wager.
- Location: Playing at home compared to away delivers several benefits. Aside from advantage by rules, there are also psychological benefits, especially with the presence of a solid fanbase. Plus, there is no need to travel, so the hockey players can save their energy.
- Weather: Even if hockey is played in an indoor rink or in a controlled environment, the weather will have an impact on the outcome. Heat and humidity can affect the conditions of ice, and this will inevitably affect the performance of the players.
- Streaks: You also have to look at the winning or losing streak of the NHL teams. The past outcomes can influence future results, although, there is nothing certain.
- Stats: Aside from the streaks, look at the statistics of the NHL team. Consider their past performances to help you decide., especially if you are betting in spreads or totals.
With the sports betting tips NHL mentioned in this guide, we hope that it is now easier for you to wager. From learning the odds to looking at factors like weather and stats, consider our recommendations to increase the chances of winning.
Ready to place bets on your favorite sports beyond hockey? Visit Digibet today!