Roulette Wheel Numbers – In-Depth
Why are Roulette Wheel Numbers so popular?
Roulette is one of the most popular games that you can play in a land-based or online casino. It is a French word that means little wheel in English, which speaks exactly of what the game is about. There is a wheel and the croupier will spin the ball. You will be placing inside or outside bets. The winner will be determined based on where the ball lands on the wheel.
While roulette is a game of chance, it does not hurt to formulate a winning strategy. You should also understand roulette wheel numbers, which can vary depending on the variation of the game that you are playing.
Interested to know how many numbers on a roulette wheel? Thinking of a number with the highest probability of winning? Read on and we’ll share some insights on this short guide.
General Roulette Numbers
The numbers on a roulette wheel will vary depending on the type of roulette that you will be playing. Generally, there are two types. The first is American roulette. The wheel has a total of 38 numbers. It has 0, 00, and 1 to 36. The numbers will be red and black, except 0 and 00. Below is a look at the clockwise sequence of numbers in an American Roulette wheel:
- 0, 28, 9, 26, 30, 11, 7, 20, 32, 17, 5, 22, 34, 15, 3, 24, 36, 13, 1, 00, 27, 10, 25, 29, 12, 8, 19, 31, 18, 6, 21, 33, 16, 4, 23, 35, 14, 2
On the other hand, in a European roulette, there will be 37 numbers, 0 and 1 to 36. Numbers 1 to 36 are also red or black while 0 is green. Below is the clockwise sequence of numbers in a European roulette wheel:
- 0, 32, 15, 19, 4, 21, 2, 25, 17, 34, 6, 27, 13, 36, 11, 30, 8, 23, 10, 5, 24, 16, 33, 1, 20, 14, 31, 9, 22, 18, 29, 7, 28, 12, 35, 3, 26
Interesting Fact: The roulette wheel numbers total is 666.
Probability of Win
Aside from learning about the numbers on roulette wheel, you should also consider the probability of win. When you are aware of the odds, you can formulate better strategies and manage your bets. Between the two popular types of roulette, there is a higher probability of winning in European roulette, which has a house edge of only 2.7%. This is against the casino advantage in American roulette, which is 5.26%. This can be because of the addition of a 00 pocket in the roulette wheel.
In European roulette, there are 37 possibilities of winning because there are 37 wheel pockets. The probability that a ball will land in a certain number is 1 out of 37. In American roulette, there are 38 probabilities of winning in a straight bet.
Expectations of Win
Aside from probability, the expected value is also an important consideration in determining the chances of winning in a game of roulette. This is quite a complicated topic to discuss. Admittedly. We are not math experts, so we won’t deal with this in detail. To give you an idea, however, let us say that you would like to calculate the expected value of betting $1 on red in roulette. Here’s the formula and how to compute.
P(Red) x (Value of X for Red) + P(Not Red) x (Value of X for Not Red) = 18/38 x 1 + 20/38 x (-1) = -0.053.
The computation above shows what will happen in the long run if you bet $1 on red. This means that you will lose approximately five cents in every game.
So, What are the Best Roulette Wheel Numbers?
This is a tricky question to answer. Truth is, there is no answer to this question. There is no single best number on a roulette table. They have equal chances of winning. You can consult hot and cold numbers to give you an idea on the numbers that appeared the most and least times. However, do not fall into the trap of the gambler’s fallacy, believing that past outcomes determine future results. At the end of the day, it is more important to have a strategic betting system, such as using outside bets, instead of focusing on the best numbers.
Betting Strategy of Roulette
To increase the chances of winning in roulette, below are some of the best strategies worth considering.
- Utilize Outside Bets: They have a higher chance of winning. For instance, bets on red/black or odd/even will have 50% chance to win. The payout is only 1:1, which is low. Nonetheless, this is a slow but good strategy.
- Practice the Martingale Betting System: This is a progressive betting system that can be risky, so make sure to tread with caution. With this betting system, when your bet loses, repeat the same bet until you win. This will help make up for your losses. If you plan to do this, make sure that you start with the minimum bet that the table allows. Otherwise, it will be more difficult to control your losses.
- Implement the Fibonacci Betting System: Like the Martingale betting system, this also uses progressive bets with the hope that you will be able to recover what you have initially lost. You will follow the Fibonacci system – 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, and so on. The sequence determines the betting amount. It is not as steep as the Martingale, which also makes it a safer alternative because it is more conservative. Take note that this is used only for the outside bets where you will have a higher chance of winning.
By now, we hope that you already know how many numbers on roulette wheel. There are 37 in European roulette and 38 in American roulette. There is a higher probability of winning in the European version of the game because you will have fewer options on where to place your bets, which also gives the casino a lower house advantage.
Ready to play roulette? Visit Digibet today!