Tennis Betting- Complete Guide
Tennis is a fast-paced and entertaining sport. Many people around the world bet on this. It might appear to be simple to bet on as the two punters go head-to-head a majority of the time. Tennis comes just after soccer and horse racing when it comes to generating money for the book markers. There is a good reason for Tennis becoming more and more popular among bettors. It provides a wide array of markets and the tournaments are taking place all around the year.
However, before you make your first bet, it is important to know certain details. Continue reading to know them.
How does Tennis Betting Work?
There are three most well-known ways to wager on this sport such as Moneyline, set spread, game spread, or under/over.
Just as hockey and baseball, the best way to wager on it is to play by Moneyline. This is another of saying that you have to wager on the one who will win the Tennis match. For instance, if Roger Federer is -120 on Moneyline against Rafa Nadal, you will be going to pay a sum of $120 if you have to secure $100 on Federer victory. In case Nadal is +110 on the same match, you will win $110 on a wager of $100.
Bet on the game spread. Many times you will see the Tennis match featuring big odds. Hence, it is a way of leveling the field. In case Novak Djokovic is -1100 favorite over the opposition Denis Istomin in a match of 3 sets, the game spread for the match is going to be around -4.5. This implies that Djokovic has to win 5 more games in comparison to Istomin in the match to cover the spread. In case Djokovic wins (6-4, 6-4) and you have staked +4.5 on the player Istomic, you win.
This is just like the game spread. There is only one difference and that is you are going to bet on sets rather than on the games. In case Monica Puig will be favored against Sloane Stephens, she is going to be available at -1.5 sets. If you have bet on Puig’s -1.5 sets and then she managed to win in the straight sets of (6-3, 6-0), you will win. However, if Stephens wins the set, you are going to lose.
In this, you bet on total games that are played in the match. In case Fabio Fognini and Radu Albot are playing a match of 3 sets, over/under is going to be a set at 22.5. In case you feel that this match is going to be close while betting on the over, you require the match to last a minimum of 23 games. Thus, in case Albot wins (7-6, 6-4), it will mean that the match has a total of 23 games and you are going to win the bet. However, if the match comes to an end at (6-3, 7-6), you are going to lose the wager as the match continues for 22 games.
When you are Tennis Betting online, there are certain factors that you need to keep in mind.
- It is necessary to understand that different players play with different strengths and weaknesses. Also, they are better suited for playing in certain conditions;
- Tennis is played on 4 different surfaces which are grass, clay, carpet, and hardcourt. The speed of the player and the ball varies on each of these surfaces. Thus, the player’s performance on each of these surfaces might vary;
- Also, a Tennis player has varying skill sets. If you are a veteran bettor, you will know how some players and what kind of player they love playing against;
How do You Choose the Best Tennis Betting Website?
If you are looking for the best Tennis Betting website, you will have to follow the Tennis tips betting given below.
- The first thing you need to do is check the website at different times of the day, particularly in the time of peak betting hours. Check if the site loading time is fast enough. You should also check some links to make sure that there are no technical issues;
- Check out what others have to say about the bookmaker. Make sure that you find out as much as you can about the sportsbook. You will find the reviews about the bookmaker over the internet;
- Do not choose a bookmaker simply because it is providing you with a good bonus. There are many shady online websites which are offering great bonuses to the new customers. Also, the bonuses come with a playthrough requirement. Hence, check the website, as well as the terms and conditions;
Best Tennis Betting Tips
While betting on Tennis, you can use the following Tennis Betting tips to improve your odds,
- The most important tip that you need to keep in mind is you should bet only when there is value;
- Several Tennis matches and tournaments are played throughout the year on both women’s, as well as men’s circuit. However, it is better to better to focus on something that you can specialize in;
- If you limit yourself to only a few bookmakers, it will just limit your chances in the long run. You don’t need to have an account with dozens of bookmakers but if you depend on just one or do, it will reduce your chances of making a profit;
How to Start Betting on Tennis?
Before you start Tennis live betting, you will have to look for a reliable gambling site. Look around the world ranking before you start. World ranking work by awarding you with ranking points after the tournament is over. The more prestigious is the tourney you have chosen, the more points you will earn. When you have significant knowledge about the player, you can begin focusing on other factors. Now, you will have to deposit the money in the betting site and choose the type of bet you would like to make. Thereafter, you will have to wait for the match to end to find out if you have won the bet.
The Tennis Betting System is not as easy as it sounds. You need to know the players and the game. Also, make sure you have chosen a good betting site to bet on the game and make the most of it.