Blackjack House Edge – Complete Guide
Blackjack House Edge – Complete Guide
Blackjack is a popular card game wherein the goal is to have cards with a face value as close as possible to 21 without busting or going over. Players will be playing against the dealer. It is a game with hundreds of variations, which will vary from one casino to another.
If you want to win, then there is one thing that you need to know – the Blackjack House Edge online. This is the statistical advantage that the casino has over you, the player. The house edge or casino edge is an important number to look at in any game to gauge the possibility that you will win.
In this guide about the blackjack house edge explained, we’ll let you know what it is and how to reduce it. By the time you are done reading, we hope that this will give you a better idea of how you can win over the casino!
So, What is House Edge in Blackjack?
As mentioned in the introduction, the house edge in blackjack is the statistical advantage of the casino over the player. In this case, we are talking about the advantage of the dealer since the dealer is the one representing the casino in a blackjack game. The advantage of the dealer is because the latter is the last one to act after seeing all cards.
House edge in blackjack is quite low compared to most of the casino games that you will find, whether it is land-based or online. However, this will depend on several things, including your skills as a player. It can be quite challenging if you are a newbie. On the other hand, if you are an expert who is familiar with the best blackjack strategies, then you can further bring the house edge down.
Here’s an easier way to understand how a house edge works in a game of blackjack. Let us say that the house edge is 5%. What this means is that if your bet is $100, then the casino will most likely win $5 and you will lose $5. This does not mean that you cannot win. Instead, what this means is that at the end of the day, the casino has the advantage.
What is House Edge Percentage?
Now that we have talked about the definition of a house edge, let’s go to the most important part of this guide. Generally speaking, the house edge in blackjack can range from .5% to 2% depending on your skills as a player. Meanwhile, for single deck blackjack house edge, it is often 1.5% on average. The house advantage is lower in a single deck game because there are fewer cards. However, take note that the pay-out will also be lower in a single-deck game.
To understand better how Blackjack House Edge online can provide you with good chances of winning, let’s look at the house edge of other casino games. Keno, for instance, has a house edge of about 25%. American roulette, on the other hand, has a house edge of 5.25%. When compared to the .5% to 2% house edge of blackjack, it is pretty obvious that the latter is a good game to play.
Can You Reduce House Edge in Blackjack?
Lucky for you, there are many ways to bring down the Blackjack House Edge online. Below, we’ll talk about some of the best ways by which you can do this.
- Choose the game to play. Blackjack has several variants. If possible, play a single-deck game. This means that there are lesser cards in the deck, which can also increase your advantage over the casino. The more decks of cards are used by the casino, the higher their advantage becomes.
- Do not leave a tip to the dealer. While leaving a tip is considered courteous, this can increase the advantage of the dealer or the casino over you. Unless you are winning big, then you must think twice about tipping.
- Be careful about the use of betting systems. If you go online and look for blackjack betting tips, you will see a lot of recommendations about progressive betting. This is a practice wherein you will increase your next bets to cover the previous losses.
- Understand the odds and probability of winning. The more you know about the game, the better is the chance that you will win. Even in blackjack, knowledge is power! If your hand value is 11 or lower, then you have low odds of winning. Know the combinations that you can have that will increase your odds of winning.
- Know the basic betting strategies, especially those that can give the casino an advantage. For instance, if you double after a split, then this gives the casino a higher house edge. You should also be flexible when betting, whether you are doubling down or splitting. The more flexible you are, the lower the house edge can be.
- Manage your bankroll. Any responsible gambler would know the importance of bankroll management. Do not play more than 2% of your money. This is a good way to limit your losses. The more money you take out of your pocket, the higher is the probability that the casino will win. Be disciplined and know when to stop playing.
- Learn how to count cards. This is one thing that is reserved for the pros. Casinos do not like players counting cards, so you need to be cautious. You need to know what cards are left in the deck, making it easier to predict the outcome. You will also know how to bet. Again, this is a complicated strategy that isn’t ideal if you are a novice.
What is the house edge in blackjack? By now, we hope that you already know the answer to this question! As mentioned above, this can vary. If you are a newbie who is not using any strategy, the house edge can be 2%. On the other hand, if you are using basic strategies and you have a good experience in playing the game, then you can bring it down to .5$.
Ready to play blackjack? Check out Digibet today!